About the Frontenac Arch Biosphere Foundation
- To support education and research for conservation and sustainable development in the Frontenac Arch Biosphere by:
- Educating the public by providing courses, seminars and workshops focused on preserving and protecting the natural and cultural heritage of the Biosphere, and promoting the prudent use of its resources;
- Educating the public in areas related to sustainable development of its social, cultural and environmental resources;
- Advancing research in areas related to sustainable cultural, social and environmental development and disseminating the results of such study to the public at large; and
- Operating, primarily through volunteers, the Landon Bay Centre property and Barbara Heck Hall as a model of sustainability, through outdoor experiences and education about and protection of natural, cultural, historical and spiritual heritage, including United Empire Loyalist and First Nations history.
- To receive and maintain a fund or funds to apply from time to time all or part thereof and the income therefrom for charitable purposes within the Province of Ontario.